Thursday, November 26, 2009

What will you do if you were President?

Today, I sent the following e-mail to all the Presidentiables in my list (Sen. Aquino, Sen. Villar, Sec. Teodoro, MMDA Chair Fernando, Nick Perlas, JC Delos Reyes and Bro. Villanueva)
Dear Sir,

I am Arnel B. Endrinal, anchor of the radio program, Sentro ng Katotohanan, DWBL 1242KHz TTH 8.30-9.30PM

We would like to get your official response to the following question:

GIVEN THE SITUATION IN MINDANAO, THE PRESIDENT OF THE PHILIPPINES IS EXPECTED OF SWIFT AND DECISIVE ACTION. IF YOU WERE PRESIDENT OF THE PHILIPPINES TODAY, WHAT WOULD YOU IMMEDIATELY DO (OR, WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE IN THE PAST THREE DAYS)?

Hoping to receive your response as soon as possible. Please note that we will read in our program any of your response (or lack of it).

Best regards,

Arnel B. Endrinal
www.leadphil.blogspot.com

The reason I asked this is because I think all of Presidentiables have to promise us to stop this kind of violence if they win the elections. I think now as member of the mass media, it is my responsibility to ask these question. I hope every journalists, especially now that journalists are major victims of violence should demand answers from our Presidentiables. I say demand answers, and not let them get away with mere motherhood statements.

If we do not ask the right questions, then perhaps we deserve the kind of government we have now and we will have and deserve the same in the future.

No comments: